31 March 2009

Mix, part 1

I've always had the idea that I wanted to put together some mixes and post them. Hopefully they would be interest to someone other than just me. So I put a bunch together, and as long as someone else enjoys them, I plan to post about an hour of music each week. Here's my first attempt. I'd like to include some obscure songs from any number of genres with some classics thrown in to keep it all together. That means mixes diverse enough to be interesting without being too convulsive or schizophrenic. Today's playlist is:

1. Donovan - Sunshine Superman - Sunshine Superman
2. Sir Douglas Quintet - At The Crossroads - Mendocino
3. William Bell - Every Day Will Be Like A Holiday - Stax-Volt Complete Singles
4. Spacemen 3 - Things'll Never Be The Same - Perfect Prescription
5. The Flaming Lips - Feeling Yourself Disintegrate - The Soft Bulletin
6. Can - I'm So Green - Ege Bamyasi
7. Etta James - The Love Of My Man - Tell Mama
8. Van Morrison - The Way Young Lovers Do - Astral Weeks
9. The Blessing - Loubia - All Is Yes
10. Euphoria - Hungry Women - With Love, A Pot Of Flowers
11. The Saints - All Times Through Paradise - Prehistoric Sounds
12. Hüsker Dü - Chartered Trips - Zen Arcade
13. Hawkwind - Children Of The Sun - In Search Of Space
14. Jazz Butcher - Lost In France - The Gift Of Music
15. The Fall - A Day In The Life - Sgt. Pepper Knew My Father


You can download it here. Let me know what you think.

1 comment:

The Beez said...

Couldn't download it at work - or find all of the song on line so I'll try tonight